Membership benefits include free admission
to the Nature Center and to the Children's Museum in West Hartford, as well
as a quarterly newsletter, discounts on program fees, a 10% discount in
the Nature Center's Store and invitations to special events. Members also
receive admission to more than 200 other science / technology centers throughout
the country. Membership information is available in the Center's gift shop.
For more information on Membership categories,click here.
Looking for something different?
Roaring Brook Nature Center is looking
for volunteers! We are looking for people who have a
few hours a month, an interest in animals or the environment, and a desire
to serve a larger community. If you have skills (all types,
from art to office to computers), we have needs (all kinds, from animals
to organizing). Volunteer opportunities include:
- graphic designer
- animal feeder
- office support
- grant writing/ fundraising
- public relations
- gift shop
- special events
- building maintenance (carpentry, electrical, etc.)
For more information, call Beth Dal Negro
at (860) 693-0263.
- Volunteers are needed in the spring and summer to help maintain the Porritt Wildflower Trail and the Marabeth Finn Memorial Butterfly Garden. Please call Margery Winters at (860) 693-0263.
- Volunteers interested in working with the Nature Center's Raptor Care Program (must be over 18 years of age), please call the Center (860) 693-0263. Whatever time you can offer will be appreciated.
|Friends of Roaring Brook
Do you love the Nature Center but are not interested in feeding the snakes or helping with office duties? Then consider joining the Roaring Brook Nature Center's Auxiliary, also known as the Friends of Roaring Brook.
Friends Special Events / Fundraisers
- Garden Work Day/ Fall Meeting / Potluck dinner - 2 - 5 PM September 12
- Hobgoblin Fair (Saturday before Halloween) - October 30 - rain or shine
- Holiday Gift and Craft Fair - Noon - 4 PM Sunday, November 21
- Friends Annual Dinner and Guest Speaker - Monday, January 24 (snow date January 25)
- Full Moon / Cabin Fever Party (new furnace fundraiser) - Saturday, March 19th
- Native Plant Sale / Butterfly Garden event - late June TBD
RBNC Wish List
Looking to contribute in another way? The Nature Center would appreciate the following donations to help with our care of our animals:
- Large plastic garbage bags
- Small plastic bags
- Paper towels
- Simple Green Cleaner or Green Works All-purpose cleaner (environment/animal-friendly cleanser)
- Fleece fabric
- Resealable plastic freezer bags
- Daisy mats
- Green, plastic, Artificial turf carpeting
- Rubbermaid plastic containers (all sizes)
- Large tarps
- New corn broom
- Critter carriers (all sizes)
- Paint brushes
- Metal, heavy duty, scrub brushes
- Dish scrubbers
- Paper towel
- Latex/nonlatex disposable gloves
- A&D Ointment
- Bactracin Ointmen
- Dry erase board and dry erase markers
- Small, high-intensity flashlight
- Digital baby tray scale
- Manilla or sisal rope (1/4", 3/8" and 1/2")
- Galvanized wire mesh - 19 gauge, 1/2" openings
- Pressure-treated plywood and lumber
CASH DONATIONS ALWAYS WELCOME!